Wednesday, February 12, 2020

3D Printed Star Wars Ships

I got a new 3D printer for Christmas and am having a lot of fun with it.  The one I have is the Ender3 Pro, and it was just under $200.00 new.  You have to assemble it and then do some calibration.  The first few prints I did were ok, but not great.  I am still working on figuring it out, but slowly getting better!

Here are some of my prints that I have gotten done.  I am working on a Rebel Fleet at approximately 1/10,000 scale.  I am using a slightly sliding scale.  The smallest ships will come in at 1/5,000 scale in order to print and be seen ok.


This is a group shot of the ones I have printed up now.  You can see the banding on the Mon Cal ships, but I am starting to print at a lower line height which seems to be making a major impact on the lines at the cost of a lot more time!

Below are closeups of the ships.  I have one Separatist ship which I think the Rebellion would have found and used early in the war.  Probably as some of their first capitol ships.




No comments:

Post a Comment