Saturday, January 23, 2010

More 15mm Comparisons

One of these days I'll get back to my WWII stuff, but for some reason I have been focused on Fantasy a lot here of late, which is good because it has helped out a lot with my huge backlog!

I have many different manufacturers in my lineup, so I thought that it would be useful to do some more comparison shots.  Splintered Light Miniatures was kind enough to send me some samples of their Dark Dwarves lineup, but I will save that review for another day.  Instead I want to focus on some of their other items.



This is a pic showing some of their ranges that I have.  These are 2 ogres, a bugbear, goblin and kobold.





Goblins
Splintered Light has a nice range of Goblins in their Splintered Lands lineup.  I have 50 or so of the figs, and am very happy with them.  They are very well detailed, and have a nice size to them, but how do they work with other 15mm







Kobolds
The Kobold range is not quite as extensive as the Goblin range, but are still well done.
 This Pic shows the general scale of the fig.  I tried to measure from the feet rather than the base.



The second picture shows the miniature with some humans.  The left is a Gladiator miniature (I think) now produced by Black Hat Miniatures.  The one on the right is an Old Glory Miniature




This third shot is with a Demonworld Elf.






Ogres
The ogres are probably a little on the large size for 15mm gaming, but they look awesome.  This first pic is with the humans again.






The next picture shows it with a Demonworld Giant.



Bugbears

SLM has a pretty good size range of Bugbears.  They are also a little large, but probably not too much.  However, since I haven't personally seen a bugbear recently, I think that they will probably work.  


This pic has the Demonworld elf again.  I forgot to take a picture with the humans.








This final shot is with the Giant again.
















This final shot has a Eureka "Man orc" (Uruk Hai) to show how they fit.











1 comment: